My lovely followers

Thursday 4 January 2018

Happy New Year and a New Flowers challenge at MAWTT

Good morning all

A belated Happy New Year from me!
it hasn't got off to a good start so far - I've had an ear infection since New Years Eve
 - so I'm feeling a bit of a misery at the moment!

But it's not all bad- New Year - New Start and all that and I'm feeling positive : )

It's time for our first challenge of the year over at

Moving along with the Times

and our theme for this challenge is

Flowers

Always one of my favourite themes - a card for every occasion- and I have loads of flower dies!!

I made this card for my Mother in law's birthday - she was 89 years young on Boxing Day so definitely a special card was called for!

I used the Poppy Collection from Heartfelt Creations to make this card - so pretty and as with all the Heartfelt collections everything goes together so easily to make a card.

I also used the new basic floral shaping mold  from heartfelt (the ones that came out just before Christmas)  - this is a fab tool - you could use it with most die cut flowers to give some depth and dimension to your flowers without the time and effort that most flower shaping tools take - i love it!


and the inside also matches


This is what I did......

Papers, dies and stamps from the Heartfelt Poppy collection
Flowers shaped with the new Heartfelt floral basics shaping mold
Poppy and leaves coloured with distress inks
MAM- cut with Tim Holtz alphabet dies from Sizzix 
8x8 inch card 
Sentiment stamp inside from Anna Griffin

Hope you can play along with us this time
over at the Moving along with the Times Challenge blog
see you soon

Judith xx



12 comments:

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Judith.... Happy New Year!

WOW, this a very stunning design, poppies are my favourite flower

Happy crafting....

June x

Wendy L said...

Love your card Judith, thank you.
Join the club of illness, we all seem to h ave caught something. xxx

Hazel said...

A beautiful card and I love all the matching elements. I get regular emails from Heartfelt but haven't yet ordered from them. I have enough stuff to last me a lifetime and I keep thinking, no more. I might be tempted now. Hazel x

cotnob said...

A stunning card Judith, a beautiful image and flower - fabulous on the inside as well.
Wishing you a Happy New Year, I hope your ear infection soon clears up.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Judith,
Happy New Year.

What a gorgeous card and I love the wonderful poppies they are gorgeous.
Beautiful coour choices and design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Laine said...

Such a fabulous card Judith. Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope your ear infection clears soon!
Laine
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janis Lewis said...

Very pretty!

Lorraine said...

what a beautiful card..it also made me laugh as my sons call me "mam" here in Liverpool is what we call our mums for a laugh

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Fikreta said...

so very nice!

Sue B said...

Ah no! Sorry you have an ear infection Judith - they are very painful. I hope you begin to feel better soon.
All the best for New Year. I hope 2018 improves for you soon and is a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous year!!
Wow! This is a very special card for a very special lady. That flower is awesome, I love how you’ve shaped it. Looks so real. It’s a beautiful layout and design!
Get well soon hun
Hope you have a good weekend!
Hugs Sue B xx